Dan's Google Home review

TechDan

Administrator
Reaction score
Product Name: Google Home
Version: First Generation

My thoughts
I bought a Google Home because I am largely for Google made products. I choose the Google Home over the Amazon Echo because the it can answer essentially any question you throw at it. When it comes to playing music through the Google Home it provides great sound quality for casual listening, it does not provide a ton of high quality bass but you can still hear it and appreciate it. The cost of the Google Home seemed fairly reasonable which was around $100 to $150 USD. At the time this was less than the Amazon Echo.

Final words
Overall, I would recommend getting a Google Home, feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the device.​

Reaction score
Google Home, like Amazon's Echo, is a Wi-Fi connected smart home hub and voice-activated digital assistant. Google Home is a small Wi-Fi speaker tower that contains far-field microphones designed to pick up speech at a distance, as well as touch controls, a microphone mute button, and lights that let you know when it's listening.

There's only one speaker in Google Home, as compared to the two speakers in the Amazon Echo, which can have an effect on how well noises at both the high and low ends of the spectrum sound. Google Home isn't going to replace a high-end Bluetooth speaker, but it works fine for everything else. The Google Home Hub, with its built-in touchscreen, mimics the basic form and function of the Amazon Echo Show but lacks a fundamental feature that the Echo Show has: A camera. This may be good news for privacy-conscious consumers, but for businesses and individuals that want video calling on their devices, the Google Home Hub isn't going to help.

Reaction score
Website
senselessblogger.com
I got a Google Home Mini with my Spotify and it's alright. It's way better than Alexa, Cortana, Bixby, Siri, etc. It actually understands most of my questions and can give relevant answers. It's an unnecessary tool though so I'll be selling it on Facebook soon.

Reactions: TechDan

Ash

Reaction score
Website
aakashpereira.co.uk
I was actually contemplating whether or not to get a Google Home Mini or an Amazon echo during Black Friday. In the end, I didn't get either but I probably will end up getting a Google speaker since I really like the Google Assistant.

Reaction score
Website
senselessblogger.com
I'm pretty paranoid about them. I hear too many stories about how they listen to you. I know a guy that had an Echo. He was talking about a specific car and the next time he was on his Facebook account there were a bunch of ads for that specific car.

TechDan

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm pretty paranoid about them. I hear too many stories about how they listen to you. I know a guy that had an Echo. He was talking about a specific car and the next time he was on his Facebook account there were a bunch of ads for that specific car.
Eh, Echo no Echo, Google Assistant, no Google Assistant...Google knows :p