What's your least favorite thing to fix?

TechDan

Administrator
Reaction score
If you are an IT person like myself this question is probably fairly easy to answer. My answer would have to be printers by large because you never entirely know what's wrong and if it's a throw away printer you are almost always better off just replacing them.

Ash

Reaction score
Website
aakashpereira.co.uk
Printers definitely. Half the time the error will just fix itself which is the worst because they just aren't reliable when you need them. I'm 100% sure that printers have been built to smell our fear and smell deadlines so they know exactly when to stop working lol

Reaction score
My least favorite thing to fix is working on small updates and bugs which is kind of boring for me because the computer already has a solution for it and you just have to click it. I want to have some other options which can let me do a custom programming to fix it on my own. It sounds tedious but that's how I want to work things out.

Champion

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Printers are a pain in the ass so I guess I would go with that. Or a Windows computer that was giving a customer a difficult time and all they had to do was run Updates.
Printers yea and also Drivers when you need update them

Windows are easier lol

Reaction score
My least favorite thing to fix is driver updates at my machines. The challenge is the software of these drivers are located in mapped drives, and sometimes, they become inaccessible in our office network. With that, instead of me personally updating the driver, I have to create a ticket for support and be in queue. My productivity for that day decreases, until I've got feedback from support or IT colleagues.

Reaction score
My least favorite thing to fix is driver updates at my machines. The challenge is the software of these drivers are located in mapped drives, and sometimes, they become inaccessible in our office network. With that, instead of me personally updating the driver, I have to create a ticket for support and be in queue. My productivity for that day decreases, until I've got feedback from support or IT colleagues.
Driver updates are indeed annoying. Most importantly when something is broken and you need to figure out which driver needs fixing exactly.

TechDan

Administrator
Reaction score
Printers are a pain in the ass so I guess I would go with that. Or a Windows computer that was giving a customer a difficult time and all they had to do was run Updates.
Ugh, Windows is such a headache. Luckily we have a system in place for our managed customers at work that will patch their workstations and ask them to reboot...the trick is getting them to say OK to the reboot or just doing it themselves.

Reaction score
Website
www.nerdface.co.uk
I'm probably just going to say old PC's..

Why is it so slow? ..because it's old
Why does X program not work properly? ..because it's old
Wh.. ..because it's old!!

There becomes a point where you just need to upgrade the hardware.

Reactions: TechDan

TechDan

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm probably just going to say old PC's..

Why is it so slow? ..because it's old
Why does X program not work properly? ..because it's old
Wh.. ..because it's old!!

There becomes a point where you just need to upgrade the hardware.
Definitely...not to mention cheap laptops folks buy that run mechanical hard drives. Usually what ends up happening is about a year later after the warranty is up, people start noticing that their laptop slows quite a bit. This is usually because of a cheap hard drive installed by the manufacturer. However, this can be hard to explain.

Reactions: Nerdface